Monday, January 6, 2014

Old Goat Rescue




In 2007, I stopped by an adoption event hosted by Old Goat Rescue, an organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of bachelors long past their expiration date. Their long term goal is to place those sorry men in their foster care centers into forever homes.

In a magnanimous move, I said: "Give me the oldest bacelor you've got."

They showed me this listing for Mr. Snark:








Bachelor ID
17944892 
Species
Man
Breed
Domestic Shorthair/Caucasian 
Age
42 years 6 month 14 days 
Sex
Male 
Size
Medium 
Color
Beige 
Neutered
Never been married; still has his balls.
Declawed
No 
Housetrained
Unknown 
Site
Old Goat Rescue 
Location
Bachelor City 
Intake Date
05/20/2007 



Dubious, I took him on a couple dates.  At first, he was shy.

The people at the rescue didn't disclose that he smoked. On the up side, he spoke French. He fit in well in Paris but I had to break him of the cigarette habit. 

Being a lifelong bachelor, Mr. Snark had trouble getting used to the boys. In the early days, he scowled. A LOT.



He seemed like a keeper so we got married on the beach.



Domestication 80% complete. Notice how much happier he looks!



 Miss Bear came along just over a year later.




12 comments:

  1. I love this! lol. What a great story. And let me be the first one to ask if Mr. Snark reads your blog. ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I'd better hope he's not reading it today. *G*

      Delete
  2. Totally taken in by the lead, I had to read on...and enjoyed your story. Congrats on your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashantay! I had a blast with this one. Almost laughed myself out of my chair. *G*

      Delete
  3. I read this to my own OG (old goat) while he was on the treadmill this morning. It got our day off to a great start. Love the pix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison,
      Thanks! I thought about using the OF*rt term but there was no good image to go with it. Anyway, glad you enjoyed! :-)

      Delete
  4. Awww...Great story. Loved it. Sounds like the rescue is complete. Good job!
    *hugs*
    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J.D.,
      Yes, close to but Mr. Snark is still about 10% feral. The man...he has his moments. *G* Thank you so much for commenting. :-)

      Delete
  5. And this is why no matter how busy I am, when I see an email from Melissa Snark through Roses Colored Glasses I will open it up and check it out!!! Lots of fun and as always, a great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      OMG, the flattery! My head is swelling as I type! ;-)

      Thank you! It gives me the buzz of warm fuzzies to hear that I made someone laugh. :-)

      Delete