Thursday, October 16, 2014

Miss Bear's Prime Rule

Now that she's four, Miss Bear is expected to dine with the family and eat what everyone else eats. Quite often, this doesn't sit so well with Miss Bear's sense of entitlement. In her mind, Miss Bear is owed certain privileges. 

The other night we were having lasagna and she refused to eat.

Mr. Snark was well aware of the situation. To reinforce the point, I delivered the standard lecture about parental solidarity in the face of offspring opposition.  Once they divide you, you're dead.

So a couple hours later, Miss Bear she went to father and said, "I'm hungry."

"Why don't you ask mommy to make you something to eat?"

"Mommy's mean."

"I'm mean too."

Miss Bear took his cheeks in her little paws and stared deep into his eyes. "I have one rule in this house. You can be nice, but you can't be mean."

Over my protests, Mr. Snark made Miss Bear dinner.


1 comment: